Monday, June 16, 2008

Answer E1

Clue E1:

The tallest of the last of the first of the plus of the roundest of the closest duo of the downward of the sunken of the plentiful of the capital of the right of the week.


And the Answer is The Tower at Toa Payoh Park (highlight to reveal answer)


The solution to this clue is that when we describe the 1st something of the 2nd something, we are referring to the actual letters of the word that is the 2nd something. So as a hint, right of the "week" is the letter K, because K is the rightmost letter in the word that consist of W,E,E,K.

This is actually one of the oldest trick in the book in riddles, which I will have giving out in games like this as a freebie since it is so easy. So I will put in a line like "tallest of the elves" if I want the letter L.

But this year I added a twist that almost killed me. I created a chain such that the 1st something of the 2nd something of the 3rd something and so on are all interlinked. So I have have to constantly think of adjectives that can be a solution object and yet another adjective. That I finally formed this string of words is a miracle.

Final twist to the puzzle: The first part "The tallest" is not part of the string. It means the the tallest of the "rest of the string", hence referring to the Tower. And that is what determined the usage of this coding of this leg of the race. :)


No comments: